Raising money for a vacation, renovation or an expensive purchase is a task that sometimes requires determination and considerable willpower. But it is worth getting a nice piggy bank – and it seems that half the battle is done. Familiar? Let’s look at what devices are today, and with what it all began.
Types of piggy banks: there is a choice
In general, containers for storing money can be divided into disposable and reusable. The first, as the name implies, can only be used once. There is only one way to get coins and banknotes from there when it comes time to spend them. That is why such a custom piggy banks is made of gypsum, ceramics, and porcelain. In fairness, we note sometimes they look so amazing that it’s just not possible to break them. But after all, there is no need to save a life.
According to another classification, devices are divided into static and mechanical (interactive). With the first category, everything is clear: these are all kinds of piggy banks in the form of animals, hearts, mini-safes, and the like. And the second case is a little more interesting.
The mechanical device usually runs on batteries. A special device reacts to a coin brought to it. The classic “scenario” is the expected behavior of a “thief”: as soon as you put money in, the box will open slightly, and, for example, a pirate’s hand or a panda’s paw will stick out of it. There is also an option with a “hungry pet” – say, with a dog waiting to be fed with coins, and then wagging its tail in gratitude for the “treat”.
It is impossible not to say that in the era of the widespread use of plastic cards and bank accounts, some people find it downright unwise to keep their hard-earned funds at home if they can be multiplied. And yet, love for piggy banks is alive, although they began to play the role of souvenirs and interior accents. By the way, a special meaning has long been invested in the shape of containers, which it would be wrong to ignore.
Different Piggy Bank Shapes
- It is generally accepted, for example, that the piggy device is the personification of ever-growing wealth. And its owner becomes a prudent person, therefore he does not allow himself to spend what he has accumulated earlier than he (or his household) is scheduled. You can put such a piggy bank in a conspicuous place – on a chest of drawers in the hallway or on a coffee table in the living room.
- Owl-shaped containers are also popular. There is nothing surprising here: this wonderful bird is a symbol of vigilance, which means that the protection of savings from spontaneous and irrational spending is guaranteed. At the same time, the owl is associated with wisdom, so the owner of such a piggy bank will consciously put into it the amounts that he can allocate at any given moment. It is better to put it on a desk in your home office or office.
- A good solution seems to be the choice in favor of a piggy bank-cat. It is likely that the cunning inherent in this animal will work for you: by placing a container near the front door, computer or TV, you can count on the fact that households and guests will periodically drop their coins into the slot. A trifle, but nice to say the least.
- The device in the form of a squirrel will also work for you. This animal is known for its resourcefulness. Every time you look at the piggy bank, you will remember the goal and willingly fill the container. Put it in the hall or in the nursery. The main thing is not in the kitchen: there is no place for dirty hands. There are already legends about how many bacteria live on money. Of course, scientists periodically try to refute them, but it’s still not worth the risk.
- But the piggy bank in the shape of a dog performs a slightly different function – it protects what its owner managed to accumulate. Therefore, it is believed that such a product should be kept in the depths of the home (for example, in the bedroom or even in the dressing room, that is, where it is difficult to get to).