Anxiety about the IELTS
Are you looking for online IELTS preparation? Do you want to know the best way to prepare for IELTS? It is a test that many people take when they want to move to an English-speaking country to study, work, or train professionally. We’ve got your back! In this article, we will define the IELTS test and provide tips for acing it with flying colors! Here are some IELTS general training, 3 smart tips to boost your grades.
Continue reading for tips by overseas education consultants to find out:
- the best way to study for the IELTS
- IELTS-style English learning
IELTS Test Information in General
IELTS is an acronym that stands for International English Language Testing System. It is a test that many people take when they want to move to an English-speaking country to study, work, or train professionally.
The IELTS is available in two versions: General Training and Academic IELTS. The Academic IELTS is designed for students who want to pursue postgraduate studies or professional certification. We will concentrate on the IELTS General Training here.
IELTS Score Breakdown
The test IELTS is separated into four different sections:
- Listening (40 questions),
- Reading (40 questions),
- Writing (2 questions),
- Speaking (2 questions) (3 parts).
IELTS scores are calculated by assigning a score from 1 to 9 to each of the four parts of the test. Your band score is determined by the derived average. A band score of 9 is considered ‘expert,’ while a band score of 3 is considered ‘extremely limited.’
The IELTS exam costs 205 euros and is available in both paper and online formats.
Learn about the test format.
Knowing the format of the IELTS exam is one of the most important things you can do before taking it. This is important because it will help you become acquainted with the tests’ various sections and intricacies so that nothing surprises you on the big day.
This famous test for studying abroad (IELTS exam) is divided into four main sections (Speaking, Listening, Reading, and Writing). They comprise the following types of questions:
- Listening: There are four sections (recorded texts and speeches) and 40 questions total.
- Reading: 40 questions based on three passages from books, newspapers, magazines, and other sources were read.
- Writing: Two writing assignments (writing a letter and an essay).
- Speaking: This is a three-part face-to-face interview.
The test lasts 2 hours and 45 minutes and is divided as follows:
- Listening: 30 minutes
- Reading: 60 minutes
- Writing: 60 minutes
- Speaking: 11–14 minutes
That is, the amount of time you have per question or task in each question is:
- IELTS test for Listening: 7 and a half minutes
- IELTS test for Reading: 20 minutes
- IELTS test for Writing: 20 minutes for the shorter task and 40 for the longer task.
- IELTS test for Speaking: About 11-14 minutes, with 1 minute in the interview’s second part to prepare a two-minute answer.
Purchase IELTS prep books
If you learn best through books, try them for your IELTS preparation! Some of the most trustworthy paper books for IELTS preparation are:
- The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS
- Barron’s IELTS Superpack
- IELTS Practice Tests Plus 2
- You can join coaching which helps you to get good study material and guidance for preparation.
And the best place to join IELTS coaching, is Jaipur, join the best IELTS coaching in Jaipur as your mentor suggests you. As Jaipur has the best IELTS coaching like Meridean Overseas Education Consultants.
Tests On Samples
Taking sample tests on a regular basis can also improve your IELTS score. Online IELTS sample tests can be found at:
- the British Council
- You won’t have to worry about time when you practice with online sample tests because you can answer at your own pace.
- You get results and feedback almost immediately.
- Many of them are offered for free online.
Also Read: A Guide To Dissertation Writing Services!